About the AATE
Our mission is to provide a community that serves as a collective voice for matters pertaining to athletic training education with deliberate speed to advance education and the athletic training profession.
Athletic trainers who practice at the highest levels of collaborative care and respond to the changing healthcare needs of society.
- Advocate for educational programs on matters pertaining to accreditation, regulation, certification, representation, and policy.
- Identify and support research that advances athletic training education.
- Seek to collaborate with the CAATE, BOC, NATA, and NATA Foundation on issues impacting education.
- Create a community of practice that facilitates communication among those involved in athletic training education.
- Provide guidance and resources for the development of innovative and model practices in athletic training education.
- Identify strategies to recruit and retain students who want athletic training as a career.
- Offer faculty development in teaching, scholarship, leadership, and program administration.
- Provide a platform and resources for faculty recruitment.
- Promote innovation in athletic training education.
- Foster new partnerships with national and international organizations and agencies in the interest of advancing our mission.
Membership is open to institutions and organizations that sponsor education programs at any level, with member resources for those associated with the program. Doctoral students whose professional goal pertains to education may join as individual members.
Andy Winterstein, PhD, ATC
University of Wisconsin
Sara Brown, MS, ATC
The Association for Athletic Training Education, Inc., is incorporated as a not-for-profit 501(c)(6) organization.