Call for Nominations Open
The AATE Nominating Committee is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving as a Director on the AATE Board of Directors.
Members of the AATE Board of Directors are committed to the mission of the AATE: to provide a community that serves as a responsive and progressive voice to advance the athletic training profession through education. Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. The term for this Board member is November 2023 through June 2026 with eligibility to serve one additional three-year term.
The Board recognizes the need to be intentional about providing a voice to groups who may be underrepresented on the Board. We welcome applicants from all sexes, sexual orientations, genders, races/ethnicities, national origins, geographic locations, and program type (professional, residency, DAT). We encourage applications from early- and mid-career applicants.
In addition to the requirements listed below, the AATE is in need of persons who
- Have a willingness to engage and potentially lead project-level initiatives for AATE
- Have experience with AT education in the post-professional space
- Bring a positive attitude and a willingness to make space in their service responsibilities in order to advance the AATE.
Board members form the governing body of the organization. They are committed to the long-term interests of the organization and the future of athletic training education.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in Board meetings by reviewing the agenda, minutes, and supporting documentation
- Abide by organizational bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- Ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Contribute to the development of policies and strategic plans
- Keep abreast with issues and trends that affect the organization
- Maintain confidentiality on all internal organizational affairs
- Disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- Engage in fundraising and member recruitment
- Previous nonprofit volunteer engagement; aspiring leaders strongly encouraged
- Knowledge of the AATE, athletic training, and education
- Sufficient time availability for board duties
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Passionate commitment to the organization’s mission
- Forward-thinking mindset
- NPI number
- Institutional user of an AATE member program
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of the AATE organization
- Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for one additional term.
- Board meetings are held once a month virtually. Prep time for meetings is 1-2 hours per meeting.
- The Board may meet annually for 1 ½ - 2 days for a face-to-face meeting. All expenses for travel, meals and lodging will be reimbursed.
Please consider nominating someone or yourself by completing this form.